Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Installer : "Preparing to install"

Windows XP Support

Old 04-12-2006

Windows Installer : "Preparing to install"

From yesterday whenever I click on anything, then a small sign from Windows Installer pops up stating "preparing to install", and I have to wait extra long to access whatever it was I just clicked on. Can anyone tell me how to remove it once and for all? Thanks

Old 04-12-2006

Re: Windows Installer : "Preparing to install"

Can you tell us what are you clicking on before the Windows installer message pops up everytime? Like when you click on notepad, outlook express, internet explorer, windows explorer, etc; and then you get the message?
Old 05-12-2006

There are not any default settings that can fix this issue. You will have to check the name of the application thats being reinstalled or repaired. Incase the application name cannot be determined then check the Event Logs. Check the below article on how to get into Event logs:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: