Thread: Errors in the Event Viewer.

Errors in the Event Viewer.

I am getting the below errors showing up in my event viewer. It doesnt seem to be causing any issues. I have searched for it on the web but havent found any explanation on how to solve them. The MFC80U.DLL file IS in the WinSxS36 folder, but I can't find VC80.MFCLOC anywhere on my machine. Check the errors metioned below:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 59
    Date: 12/1/2006
    Time: 3:23:49 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MIKES
    Description:
    Generate Activation Context failed for C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.163_x-ww_39049d00\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 32
    Date: 12/1/2006
    Time: 3:23:49 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MIKES
    Description:
    Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

RE: Errors in the Event Viewer.

If I remember correctly then the same issue has happened with me when running old version of Logitech SetPoint software. So, incase you are running SetPoint, update it. If you're not, I remember stumbling across other posts reporting the same problem and it related to a Visual C++ Redistribution package. Check out the MS download pages for a Visual C++ Redistributable pack.

Re: Errors in the Event Viewer.

Follow the below microsoft kb article properly and see what applies to your issue:

Date and Time tool does not display date and time correctly in Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841082

Many instances of Error events 59 and 32 are logged in the System log on a Windows Server 2003-based terminal server
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914061

"Event ID: 32" and "Event ID: 59" occur when you start Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Mobile Deployment Manager on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM server
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923014

Error message when you install SQL Server 2005 on a computer that is running the original release version of Windows XP: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"'
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922669

It seems that you have some software that has to install C++ but didnt do it properly. The same event happens in relation with EventID 32 from source SideBySide and it is caused by an application that was not packaged with all of the necessary runtime files. In my case this was caused by the Logitech SetPoint software and was solved by getting the appropriate C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...BySide&phase=1

mb@tgm.com.au Guest
    Check the article on "Device Manager does not display devices that are not connected to the Windows XP-based computer" from the below link to solve your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

hi,

i def need some help from the masters here... i seem to be having several similar issues.

first, i am getting the 3 side by side errors. i have a western digital usb2 my book raid edition, and it uses their drive manager software.

in that directory, it has the mfc80u.dll file, ver 8.00.50727.762

i get the two sets of 3 errors a minute apart at startup.

error 59:
    Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Western Digital\WD Drive Manager\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

error 59:
    Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

error 32:
    Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

...so lets start with that. i don't understand what i should do? the dll seems to be a needed part of their ver 2.111 drive manager, (the latest). i don't seem to have or need visual studio 2005 on my system, or this file elsewhere on my system.

any help, MUCHO appreciated!

hi,

well, the thing is the WD app is supposedly self contained, i shouldn't need anything else to run it properly.

however, i have DL'd and installed the Visual C++ thing (2.5megs) to see if having it on there fixes the issue.

if so, i think WD has some splaining to do.

i'll post my other issues in the next post...

just real quick, so far, post install and reboot of that MS stuff, i am no longer seeing the sidebyside errors in event viewer/system, so hopefully thats fixed, altho like i said, WD shouldn't distribute SW like that. many thanks btw!

two more related issues:

i am seeing some strange behavior, long shutdown and especially startup times.

my setup is like this: 36gig WD Raptor sata system drive, and a USB2 WD raid1 my book mirror edition 1TB ext drive. no other harddrives (anymore, i pulled out some internals permanently) 2 ide cdroms, 3.2ghz P4, 2gigs ram.

my mobo is a MSI neo2 that i think is kinda buggy. it has the latest bios, but thats from ~04-05

anyway, here are the errors:

error 57, ftdisk:
    The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

i'll get that like 13 times in a row sometimes, for 2-3 secs!

error 51, disk:
    An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

sometimes i'll get a handful of those at once, somtimes just one here or there.

i have a system managed paging file on the internal Raptor. i set it to none, deleted it, and had the system remake it, but that made no difference.

whats further weird is that in:

system properties > advanced > performance settings > advanced > change

...i should be able to see the paging file size at the very top of the virtual memory dialog, but nothing is there. my two drives are listed there, but nothing lists for the C drive, where the pagefile size should be.

IT IS listed towards the bottom of the dialog, and in fact, the actual file itself comes and goes if i manipulate the dialogs options/settings. but it never lists at the top, even though i have seen it do so on other computers.

and finally, i have on occassion, albeit rarely, gotten the systray warning about "VM running low." so i think my system is having some kind of serious paging file issue, and that the "oddness" of my setup is somehow involved.

i realize btw, that the ext raid usb2 drive may need a bit of extra time when first coming on (it can turn itself off) but once on and going, on a reboot, it shouldn't hang anywhere near this long starting up, and indeed, when not connected the system does startup quicker... but that doesn't seem to address the paging file errors.