Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot Delete Printer. Spooler is Running. Other Printers Can be Deleted, Added.

Windows XP Support

Old 30-11-2006

Cannot Delete Printer. Spooler is Running. Other Printers Can be Deleted, Added.

We are running w Windows 2003 server at office with Print Server as S2003 SP1. We are using new Konica Minolta Printer which is shared throughout the domain for all client PCs and is working fine. Now due to some reasons I need to deleted this printer from one of the workstation. I tried doing that with the following command: ?rundll32 printui.dll PrintUIEntry /dn /n\\machine\printer? But instead I get the following error message:

"Printer connection cannot be removed. Operation cannot be completed"

I tried doing this from both server and workstations with Admin user accounts but the result remain same. Do you guys have any idea what could have been wrong and how can I delete the printer from that PC? Many Thanks.

Old 30-11-2006

Re: Cannot Delete Printer. Spooler is Running. Other Printers Can be Deleted, Added.

Hi,

Such problems probably occurs when you you have any print job stuck in the printer spooler. Hence it wont allow us to delete until the print job is completed or deleted. SO what you need to do is simply stop the print spooler service. Better restart the system and restart the spooler. Thats it. Now try deleting the printer for that particular workstation. It should work.
Old 30-11-2006

Re: Cannot Delete Printer. Spooler is Running. Other Printers Can be Deleted, Added.

I appreciate your help Prash but i have already done than earlier. There is no print job in the spooler. neither any thing is reported in the gui, and no files in the spool folder, either. Anything else you can suggest me?

Please help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,