Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Remote Assistance not working

Windows XP Support

Old 24-11-2006

Remote Assistance not working

I am getting some error with Remote Assistance that states "The invitation from "someone" to start using Remote Assistance is declined because the program is disabled or is not installed on your computer.Go to http://www.microsoft.com to see more information about obtaining this application." I have searched on the net and found some tips about enabling the Remote Assistance, but that didnt work for me. Also, the check box of Remote tab of System Properties is unchecked whenever I open it? Any ideas?

Old 24-11-2006

Re: Remote Assistance not working

Have you got Windows Messenger installed in your machine and not the Windows Live Messenger?
Old 24-11-2006

Yes, the Windows Messenger 5.1 version is installed in my computer.
Old 03-06-2009

I would like to renew this topic as I'm having the same problem. I am running windows xp professional 64-bit edition. I can't establish any form of remote connection. Both computers have windows messenger 5.1 and I have tried to establish remote connection via Windows Live Messenger and just via the remote assistance windows thing.

The other computer is runnning normal xp 32 bit.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: