Thread: Procedure entry point not found

Procedure entry point not found

I am constantly getting a error message on my system. The error is related to some billmind.exe. I am using Quicken Personal Plus 2008. When I try to launch the same I am getting error on the screen. The error is "The procedure entry point ??4QString@@QAEAVO@ABVO@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QCOMUTIL.dll". I tried to find the issue but it looks complicated to fix the same. There was virus problem recently on my pc. Is this because of that.

Re: Procedure entry point not found

Could be due issue with some internal dll files. There are chances that those files are damaged or might be not working well due to which you are getting problem. Try to run sfc /scannow in cmd and then check back. SFC is system file checker in windows which will scan for damage or corrupt file and fix the problem you are facing. Try to re-install quicken if possible. That is also a kind of effective solution.

The problem lies with QCOMUTIL.dll file in your pc. Re-installing is a good way of fixing the issue. I think by replacing that dll file the issue can be fixed. But you can try running sfc. It is a good tool check for corrupt or damage system files and then test back. I am sure that will be more easier. You can try locating that dll file on the web and replace the same with existing one by searching in the windows partition.

Re: Procedure entry point not found

i keep getting this mesage: the procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be found in dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll

it appears when i open up the folder to install internet explorer 8