Thread: Why can't I save my movie?

Why can't I save my movie?

I have made a slideshow of photographs, with music and captions. I have put a CD-R into the disc drive and clicked save to CD, it allowed me to select the movie name, etc, and then went to the screen saying "Your movie is saving" but the bar remained on 0% for about 5 minutes and then a message came up saying "Windows movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still availabe, that the saving location is still available and that there is enough free disk space available and then try again." Can anyone please help me with saving this issue? Thanks.

Re: Why can't I save my movie?

Can you try to view the entire movie within Movie Maker? Because the message comes up when you try to save to CD or the computer, then I think that the issue is not with the CD specifically. I think that one of the files is in a format that is not compatible with WMM. You can try to test with only a fraction of the photos and without music and try to save to the computer to test different scenarios in an attempt to isolate the issue.

I am able to play the movie from start to finish but in Windows Movie Player, so I dont think its anything to do with the source files. I am looking to save it to the hard drive so I can then try to save it to disc but I cannot even save it to my hard drive. I have also tried to save it as WMV file but am getting the same message again. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Re: Why can't I save my movie?

Can you tell us whether you are even saving the money or just the project file?

Actually, I am saving the project file on my laptop. I am also trying to save the movie now so that I can play it away from my laptop and burn it on to a disc.