Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

you do not have sufficient privileges for accessing connection properties.

Windows XP Support

Old 21-11-2006

you do not have sufficient privileges for accessing connection properties.

I use to work on Windows XP SP2 running desktop at my office. Since yesterday suddenly it started giving me some problem. I was trying to make some changes in the system firewall when I noticed that there was an error message on the ‘Advance Tab’ saying something like: "The network connection settings have become corrupted."

In order to fix the same when I went to LAN connection properties, I get another error message saying “you do not have sufficient privileges for accessing connection properties.” Any idea what is wrong and where?

Old 08-06-2008

Hi, i am having a similar problem but with my Sprint mobile broadband card. Could you expound more about DCOM. is this a firewall software you have, or a windows feature?

I guess this post is 2 years old.

I would appreciate if anybody has an idea about this.

Thanks. Ü
Old 10-11-2008

Re: you do not have sufficient privileges for accessing connection properties.

do you have mcafee virusscan installed? i had this issue and it was being caused by virusscan's access blocking. you have to configure access blocking of phonebook/password files to allow phoenix.exe and dmbuc.exe or just remove the block completely.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: