Thread: Cant install USB Wireless mouse receiver

Cant install USB Wireless mouse receiver

I am using Windows XP with SP2. If I am plug in the receiver for the wireless mouse that I have then windows will recognize it but will not install it saying there was some fatal error. When checked in Device Manager, under "human interface/USB Receiver Properties/ Device" I am getting an error message that states "This Device is not configured correctly (code 1)". Can anyone help

Re: Cant install USB Wireless mouse receiver

Can you try to right click on my computer and then click on manage and then go to device manager and click on view and "show hidden devices". Check if there is anything that could be related to the mouse, if not then remove the receiver and install the software first then plug the receiver into another Usb port. Also try to plug it into a USB port that is in the rear of your pc and not front.

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

1. The device manager was showing a USB device (wireless optical mouse) with a yellow “!” and said the device was not properly configured.

2. New Found Hardware Manager could not find a driver (.inf) that would work.

3. While troubleshooting the problem I remotely copied entire C:\WINDOWS\INF contents from a working Windows XP workstation into the C:\WINDOWS\INF folder on the problem workstation

4. Subsequently USB functionality returned to the problem workstation, plug and play was then able to automatically find a driver that would work with the mouse.

Problem resolved. Everything is ok now. Thank you.