Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP Color theme with dark window background color?

Windows XP Support

Old 20-11-2006

XP Color theme with dark window background color?

It is quite irritating to see the black text on a white background. Can anyone tell me how to global Windows XP theme that hasa dark background and cane be used with all programs, since there is no problems when non black text is used? Also the blue background in Word makes some text invisible. So, I would like something better for that. Thanks

Old 21-11-2006

Re: XP Color theme with dark window background color?

Actually the blue background and white text is an option in the word settings that can be found in Tools > Options > General Tab. Whatever theme you are using, the application and window background can be customized using the display settings. Just right click the desktop and select Properties > Appearance Tab > Advanced Button. After that in the item drop down menu use the "Application" and "Window" items to change the background and font colors. If it doesnt work for you, then you can get an unlimited number of custom themes on the internet like Stardock or TGTSoft StyleXP.
Old 05-06-2008

well, i found an interesting workaround. it was a simple program that can even be used in conjunction with pretty much any dark theme! :D

it's called style toolbar (google it).

it has tons of features for customizing windows ui that's harder to change using themes, but the best one is a simple button you can click which replaces all dark text with lighter text. also, as a plus it takes up VERY little ram.

i spent the last 3 days staying up, looking for it. =_=
Old 26-06-2008

Where is this style toolbar? It seems harder to find than I expected...
Old 27-06-2008

sorry, it was called styler toolbar. my mistake... ^_^;;;

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,