Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Printers - Event ID 6161 - Win32 error - Print Processor error:13

Windows XP Support

Old 16-11-2006

Printers - Event ID 6161 - Win32 error - Print Processor error:13

I am stuck with a weird printer problem here. I went in the Event Log and find some list of Win32 errors in the same. The event Id of error is 6161. Recently there was problem with the printer. When we print nothing happens. But that was resolved. So there must not be any error like this generated back. Can anyone here provide me more information on the same. How can I simply find what is the issue with my printer.

Old 16-11-2006

Re: Printers - Event ID 6161 - Win32 error - Print Processor error:13

Looks like some issue with printer spooler service. Try to restart the same and check back. I am sure this will help you dealing with the problem you are facing. Ample of time it happens that due to improper printer spooler service a number of errors are generated. There is nothing to worry about the same. It is essential that you configure the printer back again and check the service status.
Old 16-11-2006

Re: Printers - Event ID 6161 - Win32 error - Print Processor error

I am giving you a link that has ample of information on the error you are facing. You can use the link below to find out the exact issue. This is a kind of common problem with printers on the network. It is essential that you must reconfigure the same by installing the most latest driver and then try back. I am sure it will work properly once you install the most recent driver.s

Event ID 6161 ? Print Spooler Status
Old 17-11-2006

It is a driver issue. You have to check back the same. I am sure your printer is shared on the network. Just do this. Remove the printer drivers. I am here talking about any existing printer drivers. Uninstall them and download the new updated driver from official website of printer manufacturer. Then perform the update back again. The issue will be resolved. Printer spooler will not help much here unless the printer is working fine and reachable.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,