Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab\[all files] are corrupt

Windows XP Support

Old 15-11-2006

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab\[all files] are corrupt

When I am running a virus scanner then it is telling me that C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab and all its file in it are corrupt. Will I be able to extract a file from the Windows Disc or will scandisk solve the issue for me? Thanks.

Old 15-11-2006

Re: C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab\[all files] are corrupt

Click on Start and then Run and then type CMD and hit enter. After that in the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Get ready with your Windows XP CD. After running sfc, go to start > programs > accessorie > system tools > system information > view > system history. Check the below link for more information.

Description of Windows XP System File Checker (Sfc.exe)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp
Old 16-11-2006

Thank you. After running Sfc, it didnt solve the issue. Some of the files that are corrupted are mentioned below:

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab\es198x.sys corrupted
\i386\driver.cab\xxwh1hlp.hlp corrupted
to
C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab\zlogic.cyz corrupted

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: