Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sip in Windows Live Messenger

Windows XP Support

Old 04-11-2006

Sip in Windows Live Messenger

I recently installed Windows Live Messenger on my pc and wanted to connect it to my existing SIP account. I want to go into a dialogue with microsofts preferred sip supplier. I also do not want 2 sip addresses. Can anyone tell me a way in or do I need to check what yahoo offers in the options? Thanks.

Old 04-11-2006

Re: Sip in Windows Live Messenger

I think that Windows Live Messenger 8 and above version do not support SIP. Incase you want some SIP support then you will have to use the Windows Live Messenger 5 version. Also, yahoo doesnt support it either.
Old 26-08-2009

We are also testing by using Windows Messenger using SIP addresses in our office. But when I log on my contacts can see that I am logged on, but they show as being offline? We had ensured that they are showing online but nothing seems to be working.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,