Thread: How can limited user add local printers?

How can limited user add local printers?

What are the options available by which limited users can simply add the local printer in their network. I want some help to work with user rights here. I want to allow me to the add the printer when needed. But rightnow the users are shifted into group which has minimum permission. Without giving any extra option I just want them to access the existing method of adding printer. I tried with a dummy account but it did not worked. It is just giving me access denied error.

Re: How can limited user add local printers?

If you are talking about the permission stuff then you will need to simply create a group of printer operators. Printer operators will have full permission to print and add printer when needed. While you can keep the same users on other limited account group where are denied maximum permission. At a time you can keep a single user in multiple groups. You can use gpo or ad for the same.

It is much more easier via group policy. It is not really complicated at all. Just simply check the link below that has option to use group policy.

How To Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP

Re: How can limited user add local printers?

You can elevate applications or OS functions on a per application basis using Privilege Guard from Avecto. It will allow you to elevate the add local printer wizard for standard users.