Thread: ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the required operation

ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the required operation

I need some help with data backup on my pc. It is not working well. I am having a tons of file and I have to backup them constantly. Those data are updated and I cannot ignore the same. I am using Xcopy here for backup. There are some folders in the pc whose size are more than 40MB. And I am having ample of free space in my pc. When I try to copy the file using Xcopy I am getting error ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the required operation. I am getting the same on RoboCopy also. What does the error means.

Re: ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete thereq

Looks like your system is getting exhausted while copying the file. Try to copy folder by folder and see what you get. Just do not copy the complete thing. You can use a more better file copy software. One of them is teracopy which is free. Download this free utility and use it for copying the files. I am sure it will help you more in getting the files copied at a safe location compared to Xcopy or RoboCopy.

Re: ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the

There are two primary cause for the problem. And I think for your one of them is what is causing the failure. One is due to cache manager. If you open larger number of files compare to the size of cache manager this kind of issue appear. Or else the backup tool that you are having has a limit to copy a file size. It is essential that you must use a much better software that offers you a more limit in transferring bigger file size. Tera Copy is a good tool to test.

Re: ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the

I am giving you a link that has ample of information on the error you are facing. You can go through the solution mentioned in the link below that will guide you more on the problem you are facing. It is recommended that you use a good backup tool that offers you a automated way of copying files without size issue.

Backup program is unsuccessful when you back up a large system volume

Re: ERROR 1450 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the req

The link above has a fix. There is no need to get a third party program for the same. You can do the same via registry editor. You just need to modify a small value and done you will be able to get rid of the error you are facing. It is more easier if there is a hot fix available for the same and I am sure it will be more easier instead of going for manual changes.
    Last edited by jgowtham; 23-04-2010 at 10:32 AM.