Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Messenger Live Sign In problem

Windows Messenger Live Sign In problem

I need some help with signing issue of indows Live Messenger. The version of messenger that I am using is v8.0.0812. It was working well but there is some issue with signing in. When I try to use my login details I am getting a error on the screen that my account is not valid. While I am able to sign in through web messenger and hotmail. This is really weird. It is a virus issue. Why Live Messenger is not taking my login details. This is the only messenger I am using and I use to stay online for hours. Now this thing is not working.

Try to uninstall the messenger completely and then simply re-install it back. Check for updates related to the messenger and then try back. You can go in Control Panel > Add/Remove Program. In that go to the Live Messenger and choose Repair. Follow the screen procedure and then done. I am sure the damaged files will be fixed after running a repair setup.

This is really a strange part of Live Messenger. A number of time I had also seen that the live messenger does not take my ID even when it is valid. I am a bit annoyed with the same. So if this kind of issue appear I use the web access panel of Outlook. That works more properly I think.

Re: Windows Messenger Live Sign In problem

The issue can be also due to multiple login. It happens sometime when you are logged in some other pc and you are try to relogin it on another system. You have to check that or else it can be due to your antivirus application also. Try to disable the antivirus for start and then check. I am sure after that you will be able to login and work properly.

It can be due to msn server. The server is down due to which you are facing the problem. It will be fixed automatically. There is no need to do anything. Just wait back. I had also faced the same issue and it get resolved within 2 days. The problem lies on Microsoft server. So you have to wait back until it is fixed completely. Yet there is no notification provided from Microsoft end about the same.

Try to run updates and then try back. If that also does not work then there is one more thing you can try. You can simply re-install the messenger back again from scratch and then check back. I think that is one of the best way to fix the issue. Try to get the most recent version of Live Messenger from official site of Microsoft and then check back. I am sure that will be much more helpful for you.

You will just have to check the connection settings of Messenger. For that you have to open Messenger and then click on Options. You can find one more tab there as more options. Click on Connection and then click on Advance. Now in that there is a http section. Click on test. This will check the connectivity of messenger. It will tell you whether you are connected or not connected with messenger service. Update what result you get in that.

Can be a problem of internet or firewall. Is your internet connection working fine. Test that. There can be problem with the connectivity due to which you are getting problem with signing in. Second thing you can do is launch internet explorer. Go in Tools and in that click on internet options. Then simply click on connections and then click on Dial when ever a network connection is present. That's all you are done with the connectivity.

RE: Windows Messenger Live Sign In problem

I started getting this problem when I upgraded to MSN. I ha upgraded to 8.0 from 7.0 and after that the login become almost impossible. I had tried the same hundreds of time but still it does not looks to be working well. I just want to know that if I revert back on the old version will the problem will be fixed or it will remain the same. The new version simply looks more buggy.

One thing you guys are forwarding. Firewall. Disable that or simply add the messenger service under exception list and then check back. I am sure that will be quiet enough for fixing the issue. First try to add the service under firewall. If you are using a antivirus then you have to add the same under its firewall exception list and then check back. Or simply when you are running Messenger, right click on the same and choose run as administrator.

Do you get any error while login. I got a error log before which says that the account which I am using is being not valid and sometime there is a error that service is not currently available. Each time when I try to login it is crashing. I re-installed everything back from scratch and it started working. There is no problem with the configuration now.

Do not upgrade messenger. Use the old version only. A number of problem just appeared only because you upgrade to new version. I am having two pc here. One has Live Messenger 7 and other one on the desktop I upgraded to 8. I am able to login on my laptop, but on desktop things does not work well. I am sure Microsoft will release some kind of patch for the same that fix the issue.

I also think that problem lies from Microsoft End. It is not from our side. Because if there is a problem with the account then it must also not allow us to login through hotmail. First I thought that my account is suspended due to which I am getting the error. But later on I found that the issue only lies with Live Messenger and other things there looks to be working really fine. There is no problem at all. The issue was then fixed after a couple of days automatically.

I am getting the same issue on Windows Live Messenger version 8.0. It updated automatically. I never checked the version. Here while trying to login I am getting a error code which is 800401f3. I had seen the same code on number of different places. It looks many people are facing the same kind of issue. And it is common.

Did you posted any question on Live Messenger forums. I think that will be a better place to ask question. I am also getting the issue and I had gone through all the answers above. None of them worked. I am thinking to create a new thread on live forums and see whether I am able to collect any help on it or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast