Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't Install Security Update for Microsoft .Net Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)

Windows XP Support

Old 14-10-2006

Can't Install Security Update for Microsoft .Net Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)

In my system the security update KB922770 failed to install. I am here trying to install Microsoft .net framework version 2.0. When I try to run the setup I am constantly getting a error that windows failed to install it. And every now and them I am getting a popup on my system that windows found some updates. I need some help here to add this update. Is anyone else also facing the same kind of issue. I need some help here in fixing the issue.

Old 15-10-2006

Re: Can't Install Security Update for Microsoft .Net Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)

There are chances that the updates are buggy due to which you got those errors. It is recommended that you must ignore that update. Microsoft will replace that soon. I had not checked for the updates yet. I do that manually whenever I get time. Because if you keep on installing new update your system will get slow day by day. It is necessary that you must install only required one which is a bit more appropriate.
Old 19-10-2006

You can simply download that update from internet and install it in your pc. Ample of updates are available for manual download. I do this always. Because my antivirus is having some kind of issue with automatic updates. Each time new download fails here. So I go with the manual procedure which is a bit more effective. Updates are not major issue here, what matters is a system security. If you have a good antivirus then it is more than enough.
Old 20-10-2006

I will also recommend you to ignore the update. Just ignore the same and then keep on checking it back. The updates are buggy sometime and I had also faced this kind of issue. Once the issue is reported to microsoft they replace the same. I had recently faced issue due to a buggy update. I removed it and the problem was gone. It is correct that you must go with the manual process of installing update which gives you choice to install what you want and ignore which is not needed.
Old 29-11-2007

Answer

Go to...
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.NET Framework
Open "Install.exe"
Once you have installed this, go to your .NET update and try again...
And for some reason it works.
It wont say that stupid message.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,