Thread: How to rotate desktop by 90 degrees ?

How to rotate desktop by 90 degrees ?

This is something new for me. My 4 year kid was playing on my desktop system and don’t know what he pressed that turned my desktop 90 degrees. Am trying to fix it from last 2 hours but no success. My taskbar is no moved to right side of the monitor.

In order to get it back normal I tried every key on the keyboard but it seems like there is some key combination required to fix it. But I don’t know those keys. Can any of you help me ? Its very urgent, am unable to work keeping my head vertical.

i dont know about the key combinations but did you checked the options by right clicking on your desktop ? i guess it is right there that says you to rotate your screen. Most probably it should be in your video cards properties. So try to find out there itself. If you are not getting it, read the manuals provided with your graphics adapter.

Re: How to rotate desktop by 90 degrees ?

You are correct kUnDaNlAaL. There is a key combination as well for the same. You just need to press and hold Ctrl + Alt key and press your arrow keys to rotate the screen. In your case, you probably need to press Ctrl + Alt + Up arrow key to get it back to normal.

It is bit correct but not 100% perfect solution. The short cut you provided is for video card adapter that wont work on my PC..reason could be because am using some another adapter.

I tried few combinations on my system and found that Ctrl + Alt + R is working for me. So the key combinations could differ from pc to pc but the steps for mouse is same. Right click on desktop, go to graphics properties and rotate.

Simplest and working solution for this is to simply right-click on any empty desktop space, go to Graphics Options , click Rotate and select Normal.

Those key combinations could be different only because possibly the Pivot software I got with my rotatable ViewSonic monitor has disabled Ctrl-Alt-Up keys. Actually I was too not aware of these keys until I came through this topic.

Even I setup my computer with dual monitor out which only is rotatable but I never felt any requirement to rotate the screen. Talking about my Video card, I don’t think it is compatible with rotation but that doesn’t matters me because I don’t want it do so. I suppose that some people must use LCD monitors in the Portrait position, either temporaily as you suggest, or permanently, but I personally have never seen anyone do this.

Hi,

Some of display driver provide this facility. Chk under Display properties - settings.

If you are not finding this try to boot in safe mode & uninstall display driver.

Reinstall it. Should reslove the problem.

It is the display properties mostly found in intel drivers. This can be change from the system tray where a small graphic icon is displayed. Simply go on that and choose the right settings. I was irritated with that last time when it was activated via hotkey. When play games suddenly the screen orientation changes which was very annoying. You can disable that or exist the utility. It is just to manager your monitor settings.