Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

Windows XP Support

Old 03-10-2006

Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

I work for ethernet networking with a Windows 2003 Server with 30 XP client PCs. Some of those are having some issues. The applications usually hang due to something going wrong with the print spooler service. When I click on Start and then printers & faxes then nothing happens. After checking it, when I stop Print Spooler Service then I get error message "Could not stop the print spooler service on local computer" - "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I am able to restart the service fine and Printers and Faxes then appear for after 10 minutes the problem again starts. Is there any permanent solution for same? Thanks.

Old 03-10-2006

I think that there could be many computers that might have printer drivers corrupted. This corrupted drivers could be either on the computer with the issue or even on the Server.
Old 03-10-2006

I tried to reinstall the driver for the printer but that didnt work for me. I was wondering if there is any way a user can have multiple printers to know which driver can be replaced or is it guaranteed to be the default printers ?
Old 19-05-2010

Re: Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

If you go into services/printer spooler service / properties and change the account from system to a specific account like local account...then try to start the service...fail...then go into the properties and change it back to system account...it works...

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,