Thread: Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

I work for ethernet networking with a Windows 2003 Server with 30 XP client PCs. Some of those are having some issues. The applications usually hang due to something going wrong with the print spooler service. When I click on Start and then printers & faxes then nothing happens. After checking it, when I stop Print Spooler Service then I get error message "Could not stop the print spooler service on local computer" - "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I am able to restart the service fine and Printers and Faxes then appear for after 10 minutes the problem again starts. Is there any permanent solution for same? Thanks.

I think that there could be many computers that might have printer drivers corrupted. This corrupted drivers could be either on the computer with the issue or even on the Server.

I tried to reinstall the driver for the printer but that didnt work for me. I was wondering if there is any way a user can have multiple printers to know which driver can be replaced or is it guaranteed to be the default printers ?

Re: Printers and Faxes not appearing - print spooler service error

If you go into services/printer spooler service / properties and change the account from system to a specific account like local account...then try to start the service...fail...then go into the properties and change it back to system account...it works...