Thread: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application"

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application"

Whenever I try to run anything from my cd drive I am getting a weird error on the screen. The error is "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application". And the entire system freezes. The most weird thing here is that everything was just working fine before. There was no problem. I tried to install some games through a DVD. But that did not worked. Can anyone help me here. I am having a DVD player here. And nothing works fine.

It looks that your system is having some kind of of malware. Your system is simply infected with some kind of virus due to which you are getting that problem. I will advice you to boot your system in safe mode and scan and then check back. I am sure that will be simply enough to fix the issue you are facing. Ensure that there are no infection in your pc. Ample of time due to threats you get this kind of issue. Try to run a repair setup also. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem.

Experiencing the same issue

I do not yet have a solution but i have the same problem. Norton Internet Security is popping up with messages like " 198085343.exe is attempting to connect to a DNS server". After i select "Always block connections from this program on all ports" it will give me another window with yet another "###..##.exe is attempting ..." message. In parallel with this I am getting a windows pop up with title "218367843.exe - Application Error" and message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application". Once I click OK i'll get a different numerical value .exe in the title of an identical window. If I keep clicking ok after I look in Task Manager I'll have a collection of running processes which I cannot stop. These processes also apear in C:\windows\temp. From this directory I can delete some but not the running ones. If anyone else experiencing this issue has found a solution please post. Thank you!

application failed

I just fixed this problem on my computer. It was a program that was trying to startup, but it was damaged or something. I found the program by searching on google the title of the box "bcmwltry.exe" By searching it on google.com it led me to links that clued me in that that was the "Broadcom Corporation Wireless Network software." I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. The error box may only be slowing your computer down from starting. Mine took like 20 minutes to finish the start process. With the error box popping up over and over.

Same problem

I am having the same problem as Thaimor. I recently had a virus on my computer which made me completely format my hd. I put on xp and everything seemed fine but now everytime I try to put anything into my DVDRW (Sony DRU-800a), I get the message "The application
    failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application". Or sometimes: "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory was completed".

I've read it could be many things like: bad cd, bad drive, toggling the DMA/PIO modes, malware, 80pin IDE cable instead of 40pin.

My system is clean of any malware because I've formatted and run virus scans. It's not a bad cd because its happens to all my cds/dvds. Its not the drive, because it works perfectly fine if I boot from it or read from it outside of windows. It worked perfectly fine before the format. I've tried repairing the xp install. I guess I haven't tried switching to a 80pin cable. I will try that. Is there anyone that can follow up on this question? What else can I try?

Also, the dvdrw lets me explore some cds but it wont let me execute any files. It just sort of lags and freezes when I try.

I did go to http://winhlp.com/node/10 and use their vbs to reset some DMA settings which actually worked! I ran some cds for a little while and then it stopped working again. PLEASE HELP!!! :-/

The issue appear due to some corrupt or damage files. It is recommended that you must scan your pc for any kind of threat as mentioned above and if nothing works then try to run a repair setup of windows. This will restore the damage system files and it is one of the best way to fix the problem. It is very common here when you get this kind of issues. Just run a clean setup back and the problem will be resolved.

Re: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application"

So far I am having this error while trying to load up games. My brother has this error when he trys to load up Archlord, and World of Warcraft. What are your suggestions towards this problem?

Re: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application"

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application

This error has just occured. So far I have noticed occuring for 2 thinks...
    I try to open up a game called archlord.exe
    and another game wow.exe
    I just downloaded archlord. For the wow.exe, i had this application for awhile, however, it just started to give me this error when i try to load up the application.

What could the cause of this error occuring? What could i do to fix it? I was thinking it could be a video problem, however, any other application works.

Hi Guys,
    Nothing worked for me. Eventually (just before throwing my PC away) I have found the solution and posted it in a blog here:
    http://xpapplicationerror.blogspot.com/
    Hope this helps.

I ran into this as a one-off glitch working with Sage MAS 200 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. The error was titled pvxwin32.exe - Application Error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application."

The process hung and blocked any new processes from the same executable from working, and clicking to terminate the application didn't clear out the process. In the task manager I ended all processes of the same name and user, and didn't have any trouble after that.

Make sure you know what the process is before killing it in the task manager - I knew exactly what this process was, but you wouldn't want to do this if the error came up for something like svchost.exe.

Normally this kind of error indicates there may not be enough memory. It is suggested to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and know the result. http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp