Thread: Stop: 0x0000008E Physical memory dump

Stop: 0x0000008E Physical memory dump

Hi, I am using Windows XP desktop since long time and use to keep it updated with all recent windows updates. Now since yesterday I am trying to install KB922582 and KB890830 (last 2 updates) but it fails every time with Blue Screen. Following is the error code I can see on the blue screen:

Blue screen, Stop: 0x0000008E Physical Memory dump error message.

Now I guess this is a memory issue? What you guys think to be causing this problem and how can I get rid of the same? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Stop: 0x0000008E Physical memory dump

Hey Gramm, you are not alone buddy. Even i am facing the exact same problem with those two patches. In my case i suspect the chipset could be the problem. Can you tell me what chipset are you using? I have tried downloading the patches and running them with the /o switch. Doesn't work. One more thing i want to say is i tried installing the same two patches on my laptop running Windows XP and it got installed without any problems but not working on this desktop.

The desktop is running on NVidia chipset with AMD processor. To me this seems to be the problem. Well as troubleshooting tonight i will try downloading/installing the most recent drivers and see if that solves the problem. Will let you know.

Hey, seems like i managed to fix the problem. As i said, downloaded all latest drivers for the chipset but that dint worked. Finally i formatted C drive and re-installed fresh windows with Service Pack 2. Went into Safe Mode and installed all recent drivers as well as those two patches from Windows Updates. Guess what, everything works fine now in normal mode as well. No more problem.

just go to viaarena.com n download a test driver (i did it n found no probs since a few days). well i dont really know d exact location of it, but the name of file is "Test_driver1.zip" (without quotes). google it out n may be u r one of those who finally avoid this BSoD...! good luck... m attaching d zip file in case if u cant google it out... hehe. d file size is small as well... ya be sure to first read the readme file after extracting so dat d process of installation is error free. enjoy...... nirdh
    Attached Files Attached Files