Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Lost My Music folder

Windows XP Support

Old 15-09-2006

Lost My Music folder

I have a Windows XP with iTunes for listening music. Recently I moved ?My Music? folder from the system to an external hard drive after which I found that iTunes stopped working. Hence I moved the Music folder back again to its original place but still itunes not working and gives me an error saying:

?The folder "iTunes" cannot be found or created, and is required. The default location for this folder is inside the "My Music" folder.?

This appears though I have moved back My Music where it should be. Few articles says that my system is no longer aware where is my music folder. How I can fix this? Please help.

Old 14-07-2008

Hi Simon

Did you ever get an answer. I have the same problem

Martin
Old 16-07-2008

Re: Lost My Music folder

Hello K-Mind, just try out the following, i am not sure about this but it has worked for one of my friend.

Start by searching for the picture you know was in the folder and when it shows up the address will show where its located

Hope it helps.
Old 08-09-2008

What picture are you talking about Casher?

I siad i moved the My Music folder. It doesn contained any picture but just music files and nothing else. And the Music folder and all of its contents were deleted.

What now?
Old 30-12-2008

Ok than search for any particular music file that you know was in the music folder and search it. If it yet not help, then simply uninstall iTunes completely from the system. Run disc cleanup to make sure everything related to iTunes is delete from the system, reboot the computer and then re-install iTunes.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: