Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

can't view hidden files, system restore not working...

Windows XP Support

Old 15-09-2006

I can't change the folder option to view hidden files. After I change it, and click ok, the hidden files will not show up. It will still in the option don't show hidden file when check back the folder option. How should I do to solve this? Is this show that I have infected with some kind of virus? As my antivirus also being disabled every time I start my pc. Besides that, my system restore also not working. all the previous restore points are lost. In fact it say can't run system restore.

Old 04-10-2006

Your system is infected by trojan.psw.win32.qqrob.hl. It is a serious virus and you will need to scan your pc until all threats are wiped out. It is quiet essential that you must simply use a good antivirus here. Go for Norton. But if that does not work and your system is more affected then the only option left here is to format your pc and install xp back again from scratch. That is the only way to fix the issue you are facing.
Old 07-08-2007

Of course system restore is working for me...

Hi...

Even though my system was affected with Ravmon virus, system restore function is working normally as it suppose... only effect i got was unable to view hidden files... and the virus remover found in the link I had given removed that effect...

so check for urself... nd if not fixed, might be that is due to another virus...

Regards,
- Kanta
Old 15-08-2007

Hidden file

Hi its me
I Presume that it could be the coze of same ravmon virus, and even i had same problem but now i was able to enable Hidden to show.So i hope it could work out to urs case.
For that first of all if u are really sure that u have deleted Ravmon virus completely. Then you only have to do is change registry value from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
Delete checkedValue and then again creat new DWORD VALUE with same name Checkedvalue with data value=1
Hope this could help you Best of Luck (and also check file call autoexec.bat and autorun.inf these file are hidden and u can find in root directory.if so then delete those file

Last edited by FReakMaster : 14-12-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: To add More comments
Old 18-09-2007

Hi, i have the same problem, my show hidden files and folders box keeps getting unchecked. I have tried the - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL Delete checkedValue and then again creat new DWORD VALUE with same name Checkedvalue with data value=1". But the value keeps getting set back to 0. I have scanned the computer, and its not Ravmon. Is there anything else i can do?

I have done system restores.. and they work.. until i turn off the computer and the problem reoccurs. I'm guessing its in a startup program, but there are no "weird" start up programs. Thanks for trying to help but, not only does the registry value reset to 0, but the view hidden files and folders box also resets everytime I lose the options box. I also don't have any 3rd party programs on, that I know of. I have recently installed lots of antivirus/trojan programs to spot viruses and such, but they have all turned up clean. I have used Adaware Windows Defender AVG Right now they are turned off.
Old 14-12-2009

Re: Hidden file

Thanks Dude.That Helped.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,