Thread: Netgear WG111V3 Not connecting, keeps scanning

Netgear WG111V3 Not connecting, keeps scanning

Hello all, I am danp1970 and i need your help, feel free to move this topic to the right section. I am new.

My Netgear wg11v3 54mps router, used to connect to my moms internet all the time, it has been working like a charm for over 6 months.

One day, I came home from high school, and apparently, my Router won't connect, I click apply and it would usually connect, but it doesn't, just keeps scanning, It finds networks nearby, like my moms, but It won't connect, just keeps scanning and stays red. The router blinks unusually, it Blinks 4-5 times and then it shuts off, then blinks a 4-5 times, and then it stops and so on and so fourth in that fashion.

I have taken it out blown on both sides of the USB, I have switched from the smart wizard to the Wireless zero configurations and back to the Smart wizard, still no luck. I have scanned for viruses using AVG, And yet still no luck, as it appears i have no viruses.I have restarted my computer, restarted my router, and still no luck! I have looked all around the internet on my moms computer trying to find solutions, but no luck in that whatsoever.

I really want the internet on my computer to work again, Please help me.
    Last edited by danp1970; 28-10-2010 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Grammer, and some more details on what I said

Re: Netgear WG111V3 Not connecting, keeps scanning

This is basically the issue with the firmware. The firmware for the router may have been gone bad and hence it will be sorted well by functioning for the change that is required. You have to make sure that the firmware be updated well by getting it to the developer site that is of Netgear. Click on the link and you will be redirected to the page which will guide you for installation and getting the download for the updated pack of the firmware. Check out.