Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to re-install usbccgp.sys driver file

Windows XP Support

Old 06-09-2006

usbccgp.sys reinstall

I am not able to install a printer on my system. It is a hp printer. When I try to run the setup I am getting a error. The error is related to some usbccgp.sys driver. I cannot find the file anywhere on my system. I am looking for a proper download that can help me to fix the issue. I am using Windows XP SP2.

Old 21-03-2013

Re: How to re-install usbccgp.sys driver file

Just run windows update and then check back. I am sure that will fix the issue. The driver setup that you are using rightnow is low on driver files due to which you are facing issue. Just download a fresh copy back from scratch and run the setup. Windows update can also help you here to deal with the problem. I am giving you a link below which has ample of information on the problem you are facing.

USB Generic Parent Driver (Usbccgp.sys)
Old 10-01-2014

Even I am guessing that there is some kind of inf file issue in your computer. Another troubleshooting that you can do is to try and run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt in your pc and see if that fixes the issue. The link that is given above in the reply also lets you know how windows searches for drivers of Usb devices.
Old 11-01-2014

The Usb drivers are only to be used for the Usb devices with the media functions such as the video and audio. You can try to install the motherboard chipset drivers that you have got in the motherboard CD that came along with the package and after installing it Windows will properly control the root of the usb hubs or ports in your pc properly. Hope this helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,