Thread: svchost.exe keeps throwing "unhandled win32 exception" errors

svchost.exe keeps throwing "unhandled win32 exception" errors

I am just getting hundreds of Visual Studio JIT debugger error on my screen. I am just getting that constantly for no reason here. Whenever my system boots there is a huge unhandled win32 exception error on the screen. I am unable to understand the problem here. I went inside event viewer to find out more details on the same but cannot find anything. What should I do to fix the issue. I also tried system restore here. That did not work well. I am getting the error back after a few hours. I am just so annoyed with this.

Or if anyone can suggest a way to get my internet and audio back without rebooting that would be great too. Your system has a program installed, which is looking for a device it needs, that your system doesn't have. You need to locate that program and uninstall that program. If you have the Sound Drivers installed and the system isn't detecting them, then open up Sounds in the Control Panel and click on Audio. Check the Default Devices selected for Playback and Recording.

I've the same problem since I installed Visual Studio 2005. When I connect to the web through a proxy, windows update become erroneous. and "an unhandled win32 exception occured in svchost.exe [****]" exception is thrown which cannot be debugged. Yes it is sth relevant to "Sound Device". Because "there are no active mixer devices available" error is also given. I have similar symptoms (happens when I try to expand 'My Computer', if I try to right click on a file in window's explorer and select I believe that this happened after an SP2 install - perhaps I shouldn't have done but I was dealing with a new laptop set up by our IT admin with VS2005 installed and I couldn't build without installing.. When I look at the file permissions on rasadhlp.dll the user I'm using has read and execute permissions which seems right to me. The version was in fact updated when I installed SP2: 5.1.2600.2938 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.060626-0020). I am having the exact same issue as the OP. I get unhandled exception errors as soon as my computer loads into Windows. I will have 15 waiting on me. I also do not have any sound. It says no sound drivers are loaded. I got the BSOD last night as well. I tried booting in safe mode and running virus, malware and spyware and they found nothing. What could be the problem here?

A workaround

The problem is caused by Window Update client. If this prog is startet before the sound devices is properly loaded, this problem occures.
    1. Deactivate the Windows Update (all options)
    2 Reboot
    3 Verfy that the Sound devices are loaded (ie start volume control)
    4. Update Windows manually from the MS Win Update site.

If someone knows how to load sound devices before WU starts, please notify

Re: svchost.exe keeps throwing "unhandled win32 exception" errors

Go in System and Application logs and see what information you are getting on the error. That is the only place where you can detail information on the problem you are facing. You access Event Viewer here by click on Start, > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Post the complete error report here. You will be able to get complete help on the basis of error you are facing. The issue can be associated with some kind of third party application installed on your system.

I had same problem. At level of 25 exceptions in 10 minutes...
    It seems like the problem is not the exception, but the fact that VS in debug mode, close the program at the end of task. This appens in both cases you choose to debug or not debug the exception. If you click no, simply svchost was killed. If you debug that process, the killing actions take place when you stop the debug.

I have renamed the application debugger (vsjit.....) and so on system doesn't call any debugger for that exception. Even with those exceptions, svchost still survive and nothing bad seems to appear. Sounds work and so on... Simply rename the debugger vsjitdebugger.exe. Really, now i still have a problem with svchost.exe. Sometimes it crashes again, even after renaming. It occurs around one or two times in a day.

Anyway, i think the crash is caused by trojans. I have found one or two in my pc and i'm searching for the way to remove them. They produce several files named 06, 07 .... 64.scr. They write in System Registry bypassing alarms like TeaTimer and, i think, they produces some executable file that will launched at the successive startup. For now i've found some trojans executable present at different time in the pc.

Names are: dllcache.exe / $Username.exe / 07.exe / MSSARV32.EXE

I'm almost sure that those viruses kill svchost.exe..

i agree with libertyfighter. My system was infected by trojans... and i could see 15 svchosts running. And from today morning i got this JIT dialog stating an unhandled win32 exception has occurred in services.exe. Asking whether to set JIT the default debugger...if i say no then the system displays a small dialog in which it says the system will restart in 30 seconds. And then it restarted. I have installed windows live one and it is scanning the system... meanwhile if anyone could post their way of removing this ....

when an svchost.exe dies the services started by that particular svchost.exe also stop functioning. (like audio).if go on control panel -admininstrative tools-services and re enable the services .(for audio is windows audio service ).,you can avoid restarting your system

Hi,
    I am Manish Panchal , there are some problems in my PC. I use windows XP sp2. I have following problem: >> when I connect to Internet, I get message as, "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in svchost.exe[xxxx]" and it asks for , "do you want to debug using selected debugger". and it asks for yes or no option as soon as i Select yes or NO, popup window gets disappear and my network and sound doesn't work, I need to restart a PC.