Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP Dual Core USB MIDI driver problem

Windows XP Support

Old 21-10-2009

Re: XP Dual Core USB MIDI driver problem

Same problem, trying fruitlessly to get my USB-Midi cable to communicate between my Korg PA-50 and Sonar, despite Device Manager telling me everything was OK. This on a Toshiba A120 laptop with Intel single-core and XP SP2. Yet it works OK with my L300 laptop running Vista. Now, with Tito Pulpo's simple registry modification, my no-brand Chinese USB-Midi interface works fine on the A120 as well. Many thanks! I can stop tearing my hair out.
Old 21-10-2009

Same problem, trying fruitlessly to get my USB-Midi cable to communicate between my Korg PA-50 and Sonar, despite Device Manager telling me everything was OK. This on a Toshiba A120 laptop with Intel single-core and XP SP2. Yet it works OK with my L300 laptop running Vista. Now, with Tito Pulpo's simple registry modification, my no-brand Chinese USB-Midi interface works fine on the A120 as well. Many thanks! I can stop tearing my hair out.
Would things change if I upgraded to SP3?
Old 10-01-2011

dude! i actually threw away a older usb midi cable thinking it had gone bad (they are cheap nowadays), but this fix solved the problem. thanks!
Old 07-04-2012

I was not comfortable with the answers in this forum because i didnt want to end up messing up my system by deleting things and i dont have a webcam either.

I went to the makers of my audiointerface for insight and this is what i ended up doing and it was easy as pie. The pc does all the work so you dont have to mess with registries etc.

Firstly i made sure windows xp pro was completely updated though you may not have to do that.

1. Go to system properties and click on device manager.
2. right click on the device in question and update the driver in my case it was a focusrite saffire 6 usb audio interface.

3. Launch your program in my case it is ABLETON LIVE 8
4. Go to preferences and select your audio device.

Thats it!

I am not using a midi keybaord at present but i did notice an option in windows "sounds and audio devices properties" "the audio tab" to select saffire 6 usb as the default midi music playback default option.

I'm not one for leaving comments on forums but this was a major issue for me all afternoon and i could'nt find a reasonable answer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,