Thread: STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

I have a gateway computer.I try to install SP3 on my computer and it failed.Now I have this blue screen that saids this:
    STOP: c000021a {FATAL SYSTEM ERROR}
    The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
    The system has been shut down

I tried safe mode but it said that windows xp can't run safe mode setup has restarted.

so i can't access safe mode.
    And I lost my setup CD a long time ago.
    Is there a solution to this problem, i really need help and i am also new to commands and stuff but i can understand steps and stuff to do.Please I need help.

Re: c000021a {fatal system error}

Check the below articles to troubleshoot the issue that you are facing:

GoBack causes a Stop error C000021a:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503&sd

Internet Explorer Maintenance Policies May Cause an Access Violation in Winlogon:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318666&sd

Oh well i have windows xp
    my computer is:
    Gateway GT5220
    I am going to check those links, thanks.

I try them but they didn't work. I am really hoping there are more options i can try.

I try the recovery option in the gateway guide, but i still have the blue screen and the same problem. I can't access safe mode. I don't know what dr. watson is, I am so confused now.

Well i know what DR.Watson is, but i don't how to install it or download of whatever. I also get one beep when i start up my pc or when restarts by itself.I would like to thank you two for helping me*even though i am still having this problem* This all happen just because i try to install SP3 for my gateway pc.Then i delete it in safe mode which started this.

The BIOS is AWARD, and i had to press f2 to get to the BIOS settings. I am there now,What should i do in the BIOS setting? So are you saying since the software isn't the problem then the Hardware is?

Ok I understand but just to make sure, you see this all started when i deleted sp3 from windows. Is there anyway i can reinstall it while booting?. i got to 2 SD card, *1GB and Half a GB*

but the main problem was deleting/uninstalling a program while in safemode, so your saying reinstalling it while booting wont work?

Re: STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

You might be able to solve the inability to boot the computer by using the Last Known Good option, check the below link:

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/en-us

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

Did you try to boot with all the hardware disconnected except keyboard, mouse and monitor? You might be able to get some hint for this issue by listening to the beep codes when the computer is trying to boot. If nothing is working for you then you can take your pc to a small computer repair shop because the dignostic process that are given is not working for you, so it may be some hardware issues.

Well, have you tried to do a repair install and checked if that has worked. Check the below link for more information on how to do this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

I am also following this thread and getting question marks about what exactly started this issue. It seems that after trying to install SP3, instead of uninstalling, rather a different attempt was made to delete it, while in Safe Mode. It looks to me tha the OS might be completely messed.

Unless, installing different drivers or software isnt helping much then my guess would be that it is a hardware problem and you will need to take your computer to a repair shop to check what exactly it is.

good new i found my setup cd what should i do with it? what steps should i do, because i might make a mistake and make it worse so i am asking you both.

Can you tell us what hardware and software changes you made in the day or so before the issue happened? Have you tried to do a complete backup fo the data's that you have. Have you used the recovery option in the Gateway Guide? Did you try to boot with all hardware disconnected, except keyboard, mouse and monitor? If you want to try to access with Recovery Console, read this:
    Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console for advanced users
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/

thanx my computer is back to the way it was *meaning new lol* consider this thread SOLVED lolz