Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I cannot connect to any version of msn messenger

Windows XP Support

Old 25-08-2006

I cannot connect to any version of msn messenger

I need some help with Windows Live Messenger version. I am trying login to my chat messenger but looks like it is not working. There is some issue with the functionality. I tried the web version which works fine. But on the desktop when I try to login it fails to work. The problem started appearing when recently I had upgraded my messenger. I thought the new edition will be more better in terms of performance but the login simply fails.

Old 17-08-2007

This solve my problem

I am also getting the same kind of issue. I tried a number of thing to fix the problem. Even removed the old version and installed the new one back from scratch. But it does not looks to be working fine. Later on I found the problem lies with windows live access. I was also having a bit issue with internet connectivity so I upgraded the router firmware and the issue is resolved.
Old 02-02-2011

Re: I cannot connect to any version of msn messenger or windows live m

Go in Event Viewer and see what you get. Sometime the problem lies at Microsoft end due to which you face the problem. It is recommended that you must simply wait back. Installing the messenger a number of time will not help much in fixing the problem. The most you can do is get back the old version back which was installed on your pc before upgrade. I am sure that will be helpful enough.
Old 05-03-2011

I am using the web based version of messenger and it looks to be working well. The problem with desktop client still persist. I tried contacting microsoft for the issue but there is no issue. If you face any error while login then there are solution for it. But in my case the desktop client is not able to identify my login. It just did not work at all. I had tried ample of things but nothing worked.
Old 05-03-2011

Upgrade is not the issue behind login failure. I too think the problem lies with some microsoft servers. It appears a few time in a week and then the same is resolved automatically. Thing you can do from your side is disable firewall or antivirus software for temporary period. If you have ZoneAlarm installed in your pc just disable the same for sometime and then test back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,