Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mouse freeze

Windows XP Support

Old 18-08-2006

Mouse freeze

There are three systems on my network. All of them has Windows XP on it. Now I am getting a mouse problem on one of them. When I use it, the mouse just freeze in between. The cursor just stuck on one place. The keyboard lights works fine here. So it looks the issue just lies with mouse only. The mouse is new. I was using a ps2 mouse before then switched to usb. What can I do to fix this issue. I am using Norton System work on my sysetm.

Old 18-08-2006

Re: Mouse freeze

You must try to change the mouse ports and update the drivers. Which will be simply more appropriate in fixing the issue. Just try to update the drivers and then check back. I think that will be more appropriate. Sometime problem also lies with the usb port. You must change the same and then test back. That will be more appropriate in fixing the problem. Compare to usb, ps2 is simply works really well.
Old 19-08-2006

This can be hardware fault also. You must check the mouse properly. Ample of time due to hardware failure this kind of issue appear. When the mouse freezes just try to use the keyboard. If it is not freezing then it is 100% sure that the mouse is damage and you will need to get a new one now. Changing the usb connection will not help much according to me. If the mouse itself has a problem then driver update will also not work.
Old 12-09-2006

I will recommend you to run disk defragmentation. It will just give a bit boost to system performance. For mouse there is not testing utility available which can simply tell whether your mouse is working fine or not. You can just try updating the drivers, that's all. I will also recommend you to get a new driver updates and then test back. That will be more appropriate in fixing the problem. Outdated driver are common problem with hardware issue. You can do that through device manager or you can try searching on the official site of mouse manufacturer for some updates.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,