Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

chkdsk /f SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Windows XP Support

Old 12-08-2006

chkdsk /f SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I am using Windows XP. I am trying to run chkdsk /f on my system. Upon restart I am getting a error message related to chkdsk. The error is "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED.". I am not able to understand why the error appeared. Because last time the same worked really properly without any issue.

Old 12-08-2006

Re: chkdsk /f SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Go in safe mode and directly in cmd run chkdsk. See what output you get on the same. I am sure that will be far more better. There can be number of issues with chkdsk based on system file errors. Just as an alternative you can simply use a third party software like hddscan to get more information on your drive status. I am sure it will be more helpful compared to chkdsk in giving you output on your hard drive.
Old 13-08-2006

Re: chkdsk /f SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I was facing the same bug in my pc also. I was not aware how does it appear automatically. Later on I removed Zone Alarm and the issue was solved. I am still not able to find the connection between zone alarm and chkdsk. But anyhow the problem is solved and I am able to use it back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,