Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nero problems: NMIndexStoreSrv.exe and NMBgMonitor.exe cause heavy CPU-Load

Windows XP Support

Old 09-08-2006

Nero problems: NMIndexStoreSrv.exe and NMBgMonitor.exe cause heavy CPU-Load

I am having issue with two programs. They are NMIndexStoreSrv.exe and NMBgMonitor.exe. I found that this programs are using a huge amount of my cpu. I am not able to find out any solution for the same. I am really annoyed with it. I need some help here. Both are associated with NERO. Both applications starts as I launch Nero and the system starts working slower. Does killing both the processes will have any effect on Nero performance. Is there a way to completely disable it.

Old 09-08-2006

Re: Nero problems: NMIndexStoreSrv.exe and NMBgMonitor.exe cause heavy CPU-Load

I think you can disable both of them and it will be more helpful for you in getting more performance output. The application NMIndexStoreSrv.exe is mostly located inside Nero folder. There is a .pf file that you can remove. But do not delete it permanently. So that if there is any error you can restore it back.
Old 10-08-2006

Re: Nero problems: NMIndexStoreSrv.exe and NMBgMonitor.exe cause heavy CPU-Load

The application Nmindexstoresvr.exe is associated with Nero Scout. It is safe to disable or remove it. You can also disable the same from startup or msconfig. That will be a much better solution to improve your system output. NMBgMonitor.exe is also associated with the same. Both application lies in System32 folder. You just have to ensure that you remove them from startup.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,