Thread: Pixel Shader v1.1

Pixel Shader v1.1

Can anyone out there tell me how to find out if my computer has a pixel shader supported graphics card? Thanks for any information.

Re: Pixel Shader v1.1

All you have to do is click on start andthen run and then type dxdiag and press ok. A window will pop up, then click on the display tab and it will list the graphics card in your computer. Incase you post back here or search on the internet with that card and chip type and I am sure someone will let youk now that features that card has.

I have a problem, my little brother wants to play this game called lego star wars and he cant because there is a error message that says
    That my machine requires a graphics card that supports Pixel Shaders v1.1

I play WoW and other games and they run fine i dont under stand why i cant run this. the card is

Intel Corporation
    910GL Express Chipset

Some help would be appreciated, thank you

It seems that your onboard graphcs doesnt meet the system requirements for the game that you want to play. So, you will have to buy a high end video card that will support the game on your system or else you wont be able to play it.

pixel shaders

My son wants to play Lego Indiana Jones
    Error Message that my graphics card doesn´t support pixel shaders.
    I have a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8X -graphics card. Must I buy a new card to be able to play this game?

Your video card looks very old, the best AGP nvidia graphics card you can buy is the nVidia 7800 GS. Just try to make sure that the box says "AGP" somewhere on it. The average lifespan of the PC is 3-4 years and I think that your system is very old.

Hi there,

I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 video card on my computer, and found the same problem as mentioned above, which is that my video card doesn't support pixel shader v1.1.
    I'm thinking of buying a new one, like the NVidia GeForce 8500 GT. Or should I get the 7800 GS? Main thing is, does anyone know if it will run properly on my system? It's an Intel Pentium III ~800 MHZ with 512MB RAM memory, actually, which isn't very new...

Thanks

Hello, I am quite the newbie here and also very new to installing and playing PC games. We have the Star Wars game and after installation an fatal error message says I cannot run on my computer because I do not have Pixel Shader v1.1. Funny thing is I can run Star Wars II! So I ran a test online to determine what games I can and cannot run on my computer. Turns out it says I cannot run either Star Wars or Star Wars II because I do not have the pixel shader. But I'm running Star Wars II and it's playing perfectly fine! How can that be? I'm also playing Lego Indiana Jones with no problems at all. That's why I'm wondering if there is a setting I am missing. How can I get Star Wars to start playing? Please, please help :o)

Which Star Wars game you are saying that you are playing? The online tester seems it is unreliable if it says you cannot run a game whic you infact can. The pixel shading is a feature of your graphics cards and you either got it or you havent. If you want it, then you have to get a new card, making sure your system can handle it. Best bet isto check the system requirements on the packaging of the games and then compare that with what you have got.

Hello, thanks for replying. Ok, I figured it out! It is very weird that I could not start Lego Star Wars because of not having the Pixel Shader v1.1 but I got it to work anyway!!!! All I did was follow the steps on this thread to download 3D Analyze and then just opened up that program, searched for my game and ticked off two boxes, #1 emulate HW TnL caps and #2 force max pixel shader v1.1, saved the batch file to my desktop and then just click on that saved icon to start the game! I can't believe it works perfectly and I don't have Pixel Shader v1.1! My son is very happy and I'm very grateful to the people on this thread who helped me out. Thanks a million!!!