Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

card reader lookup window error message

Windows XP Support

Old 26-07-2006

card reader lookup window error message

I mostly work with Outlook Express on my Windows XP laptop. Since past couple of weeks whenever I try turning off my system, I use to get the following error message: ?Card Reader Lookup Window does not respond.?

I guess this is somewhere related to Outlook Express because when I don?t open Outlook and shutdown, I never get this error, but when I use OE and shutdown after closing OE, it use to get this error. DO you guys too think it is becase of Outlook Express? How can I fix the same? Please help.

Old 26-07-2006

RE: card reader lookup window error message

I have never been through this problem hence i dont have any personal experience with the same. But as i wanted to know how to get rid of this problem if in case i came through it, i found a solution somewhere saying that you need to hover your mouse over the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray next clock and and click it before shutting down every time. I dont know how it work because i am not using Outlook Express but you should give it a try.
Old 27-11-2006

RE: card reader lookup window error message

did that two messages on icon safely remove usb mass storage device drive
(e;) and safely remove speed-touch usb adsl ppp. are either of these responsible for the message?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,