Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

I am not able to login in MSN. It was working fine before. There was certain updates installed recently. Now when I try to sign in I am getting a error 81000314. It says that Signing into windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. My friend is able to login into his account on his laptop. Only I am getting this error. I had checked all the settings, my internet is working fine, I can login in Yahoo Messenger also. Only MSN is not working. What should I do to fix this thing.

I am getting the same this morning. It was working fine last night. I always keep login and my password is remembered. So as I boot my system msn is logged in automatically. It looks like MSN service is down. It looks msb is working stabling and there is no crashing here. It looks some file is corrupted. I had got one solution but I am not able to understand that. It is related to some missing dll file. What should I do to fix the problem. Can system restore help.

re: Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

In my system it was working fine in the morning. But suddenly it stopped working. I searched on web and found the following solution. But yet I had not tried this. I just want to know that this will work or not. The issue was about a missing dll file. To some extent I believe that the MSN server might be down for sometime which is causing the issue. And the file which was behind the issue was softpub.dll. The error occurs because due to some issue the file was unregistered. To fix that you have to get rid of listcache.dat file which is located inside appdata\mirosoft. You can remove that manually or through cmd. Then restart the msn messenger and registry softpub.dll. For that you have to type the following run box and type regsvr32 to re-register it.

You cannot do anything in the same. It is a server based issue. You can contact Microsoft to get more highlight on the same. And only a few number of accounts are affected. You must wait back until the issue is fixed. There is no need to make changes in any dll file. You can re-install msn messenger if you find this a software level issue.

re: Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

Thanks for the reply. I had contacted to Microsoft, and then issue is not from their end. It looks some file in my system is messed up. I had tried to check the same in another machine and it worked. I am trying to perform system restore type option that can help me to get the old settings back. But before performing that it is better I can find the reason behind that. After system restore I will loss some of the most recent updates. The file ListCache.dat is the only alternative solution I found. The process mentioned above is half. For fixing the issue launch cmd in admin account. Then type CD %appdata%\microsoft. Dir /s ListCache.dat hit enter. Then type Del /s ListCache.dat and hit enter. Now restart the messenger. This solution has worked on my laptop. But my desktop is still stucked with the same issue.

My uncle is also getting the same type of error on my system. I am not able to log in. The chat messenger keeps the same error on screen. It is really annoying. I had re-installed the same a number of time but that did not worked. Registering softpub.dll did not helped at all.

Same issue this morning. MSN doe not allow to login. Re-installed msn but did not worked. I am looking for a more better alternative here. I can stay online on Yahoo. I had disabled my antivirus and also stopped firewall for a while. The dll thing did not worked here. If nothing happens then I will restore my system system. I had posted a similar thread on Microsoft forums, there is only similar reply which tells to re-registering the dll file. What to do if that does not work. Has anyone able to find a better alternative in place of that.

There are three files which you will need to re-registery. Or else it will not work. They are regsvr32 Softpub.dll, regsvr32 Mssip32.dll and regsvr32 Initpki.dll. Go to Start > Run and type the following to re-register the files. Once done with the same restart your system and then check back. Still if you are not able to login then there can be some system issue with the same.
    Last edited by websteph; 11-09-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Unable to Log into Messenger

Re-installing does not makes a bit deal here. The registry tweak does not work at all. Is there any other way which can provide option to get rid of login issue. My internet works fine here. I can login to online version which is connected. I am using a Registry repair software. It showed a tons of registry errors listed and repaired all of them. I am sure this is going to fix the problem. But what to do if this does not fixed. Is there any download version of MSN available that can automatically fix the login error on new setup.

this is driving me mad!

I have a different issue here. I cannot even login to web version. That means there is some issue with Microsoft servers. I am waiting back to get a proper reply on the same. I found a solution by which you can fix the issue if there is no issue related to your account. Go on Control Panel > Add Remove programs and simply click on Repair. Wait for sometime as it will overwrite the files. This is quiet better than making those dll register. Run the repair setup only in admin account. Limited accounts will give you error for overwriting the files through repair setup.

Same issue here. MSN not allows to login. I had kept on automatic login for MSN and Yahoo. When I start my PC all of them log in automatically. But this time only Yahoo works. The issue with my system was internet proxy. I had installed a proxy software that automatically configured itself. After removing that I have to restore Internet settings to default and now I was able to login. Just check in your Internet Explorer settings if proxy is enabled or not.

Did a lot of thing but nothing worked out. I had did all those cmd things mentioned above. My Internet settings are also proper where no proxy is set. I have one doubt here. Does the antivirus thing can cause the issue. My firewall is on. It never gave me issue before, but suddenly I am not able to log in. I had contacted Microsoft about the issue, they said they will be replying me soon. I received a thread link saying to check my security settings. In the Firewall exception list MSN is not added. Should I do that or it unblocks the same automatically.
    Last edited by websteph; 11-09-2008 at 06:53 PM.

This does not look like any security issue in the system. I had checked all those settings but nothing worked out. I was not able to login yesterday. But I do not know what happen, today it started working. So this issue looks like to be on Microsoft end. Update your system, hope you can find some new settings. I was using the web version which works fine. Now MSN allows me to login in. I think the new updates got this worked.
    Last edited by Swordbeta; 11-09-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Yes, it started working. I had did lot of changes to fix that. I had re-register those dll files, I had disabled my firewall, internet settings, etc. All of those are waste of time actually. Suddenly this morning started working. But Microsoft has not notified to anyone about the issue from their end. Neither there is news or any kind of official information available about the error.

Solution

The dll re-register solution worked for me. I had register the regsvr32softpub.dll file through cmd. The file softpub.dll is associated to some new updates and programs. If this file is damaged or does not has sufficient rights then some updates or programs are affected. Re-registering just granting full access to the file for making changes. I do not remember I found a nice kb article which was having detail about softpub.dll. I hope you can locate that. In my system which is a Vista laptop, re-registering softpub worked out. There is no issue at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast