Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.

Windows XP Support

Old 30-05-2006

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.

I have got an issue that I cannot solve and when asked Microsoft and Dell about it, then they wont help until I pay them something. The computer is brand new and havent even installed any software on it yet. After every 1 minute or so, I am getting the below error in my event log:

Date: 5/30/2006 Source: Service Control Manager
Time: 6:58:25 AM Category: None
Type: Error Event ID: 7031
User: N/A
Computer: PG1W5V91

Description:
The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this # time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Any ideas? Thanks

Old 31-05-2006

Did you try to follow the below steps:
  1. First of all check with sfc /scannow
  2. After that check registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade] for entries. If there are any, delete them.
  3. Now you have to reinstall the latest service pack and windows updates.
If it doesnt work then whether the spooler crashes or not, more information will be needed on it and to get that information you can try to run "drwtsn32". It might be able to show error information for spoolsv.exe
Old 02-06-2006

Have you tried to perform the OS installation or was that from Dell already? Dell will bundle printers with their systems usually. Even if you have not bought the printer, some printer drivers might be installed from Dell. Ensure to check the registry for installed print drivers because you cannot use the spooler to perform this task:

HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentContolSet\Control\Printers\Enviroments\Windows NT x86\drivers\
Old 07-06-2006

It seems that you have installed Netsupport Manager which is causing the issue with pcimonhook.dll. At the prosoft website, it says to rename injlib.dll to _injlib.dll and pcimonhook.dll to _pcimonhook.dll in C:\PROGRA~1\NETSUP~1\. Incase you dont have netsupport manager then uninstall it and try to reinstall.
Old 27-07-2009

jerry,
you the MAN !!!.
I had this problem 2 weeks now and couldn't find a solution, until I saw this post here.
Old 07-08-2011

Re: The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.

Hi folks,

Maybe you can help in my situation where I've traced the problem with my spooler service terminating unexpectedly:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Date: 8/6/2011
Time: 1:59:24 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I've traced the problem to this:

ModLoad: 3dfd0000 3e1b9000 C:\WINDOWS\system32\iertutil.dll Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)

Let me know if you need any further info. I know this is a particularly nasty one since it involves the core of IE.

I really appreciate your help!!
Old 08-08-2011

Re: The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly.

Thoughts anyone??

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: