Thread: Problem with troubleshooting Key Ports

Problem with troubleshooting Key Ports

I need some help here to configure the key ports used by Windows Live Messenger. I am not able to work on the same. I am here trying to repair the key ports but the same also does not looks to be working well. Each time when I try to sign in I am getting a constant popup about msn explorer. I am also not able to use Internet Explorer 7 properly. Can any one here guide me how to deal with the issue.

RE: Key Ports

Try to work with firewall. It is one of the most common bug with live messenger. There are some more thing that you can try. Launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete key from the keyboard. In that go in Process and then look for wlcomm and msnmsgr. Now launch IE and go in Tools > Internet Option > Advance. You can see a option below Reset Internet Explorer settings. Click on that. Once it is over ensure that IE is the default web browser in your system.

RE: Key Ports

Looks like some kind of problem with windows registry. Second thing I hope you are not using any proxy settings for accessing internet. If that is not the fault then you will need to do some changes in Windows Registry and then check back. You have to launch registry editor and go under software located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Then look for Microsoft > Windows Live > And in it delete the messenger folder. Restart your pc and test back.