Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

taskbar streched over two monitors?

Windows XP Support

Old 17-05-2006

taskbar streched over two monitors?

I am using Windows XP pro on Dual Monitor. I want some help to stretch the task bar over this two monitors. I am keeping an eye on some utilities that are consuming enough cpu and ram. I want to stretch the same on two monitors so that I can view it same time. But I am not able to do the same. When I maximize the same I am getting it on the single screen. I need some help with it.

Old 18-05-2006

Re: taskbar streched over two monitors?

That is the limitation of task bar. You cannot do anything in that. Due to task bar limitation it is not possible to stretch the same on two monitor. You will need to use it just like that. But there are some third party task manager application available that you can use to keep a track on system activity. I am sure that will work fine. For the default task manager in the screen you will need to stick with the existing interface only.
Old 18-05-2006

Looks like some kind of issue associated with the graphic driver. Just update the same and then check back. It is right that task manager does not has really big window size that can stretch to two monitors. It is correct that there are some advance system scanners also available that can do your job. It is simply easy. Some of them are Advanced SystemCare. You can test the same and then check back.
Old 18-05-2006

Try updating the video drivers and then see. You will need to create a clone monitor. That means one which is visible on one monitor will also visible on the other one. So in that way you can view the same task manager on two monitors. But I do not think there is any possibility of stretching both at the same time. That will be a bit complicated.
Old 05-05-2009

Re: taskbar streched over two monitors?

Easy.....in Nvcpl select Both Monitor in Horizontal Span (One Large Horizontal Desktop). The Tricky part is using more than two Monitors. In Multiple Monitor setup appears as (2 of 3) + 1 .

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,