Thread: MSN Messenger 7.5 and 8.0 beta will not run

MSN Messenger 7.5 and 8.0 beta will not run

I am had added a new SATA hard drive to my system. I am using Norton Ghost here to migrate the entire data from my old hard drive to the new one. It works fine. But there is some problem with MSN Messenger. It does not looks to be working well. I was using MSN Messenger 7.5. I upgraded the same to 8.0 Beta. But it fails to work. I tried re-installing the same a number of time but nothing happens. When I double click on the same to launch it does nothing. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Re: MSN Messerger 7.5 and 8.0 beta will not run

That's weird. If you had re-installed the same then it must work. I had checked on web on various forums about the problem you are facing. Many says that it can be due to corrupt msn files that is not allowing it to work. There can be some pending registry entries in the system due to which the problem is intact. It is necessary that you must run some registry cleaner type software and then test back.

Does your system is having any group policy kind of stuff. If yes then just check the settings in it. If not then it looks the migration has still some pending files which is causing failure of msn. What you can do here is test different version of msn messenger. Try to use a older one and then see. There are some downloads available below 7.5 also. I hope some of it might work.