Thread: svchost.exe problem

svchost.exe problem

I am getting a svchost.exe - application error on system boot. After that there is a blue screen later on. The system is also working very slow. I tried many things here to fix the issue but it does not seems to be working well. I am using McAfee here. The antivirus scanned the system and did not find anything. But upon restarting it just deactivate itself. I have to enable it back again and again. This is really a weird issue.

Re: svchost.exe problem

Try to re-install the antivirus first. System protection really matters the most here. You can remove it in safe mode. Then download the most recent edition of McAfee and install it in your pc. That's all. The issue will be resolved. There can be some serious virus in your pc due to which you are getting the problem. You will need to upgrade the version and the problem will be resolved. There are some nice cleaner tool available on the web which works well in improving the system performance.

You can find more information in Event Viewer. It will give you detail info on application which are simply not working well. Post the error logs here which will more better to give solution. There can be other unstable applications also causing the problem. There are some good anti-spyware available on web. You can download them and install it in your system. And if nothing works then the only option left is to format your pc and install xp back.

Hello,

Sorry to refresh this very old post but I have this virus on my acer travelmate and and the system is nearly completely stuck. I can't login properly. The only access to the functions that I have is through prompt commands in safe mode. Access to task manager is tricky as well, the programs I try to run through it crash (eg system restore). So basically the bug doesn't let me do anything apart going on prompt commands through safe mode. In other words I'm stuck. Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by fv104 View Post
    Sorry to refresh this very old post but I have this virus on my acer travelmate and and the system is nearly completely stuck. I can't login properly. The only access to the functions that I have is through prompt commands in safe mode. Access to task manager is tricky as well, the programs I try to run through it crash (eg system restore). So basically the bug doesn't let me do anything apart going on prompt commands through safe mode. In other words I'm stuck. Any suggestion?
    Do you have the recovery cd from Acer, if so then remember to activate in Bios:
    - Boot from cd From Boot menu.
    - Activate the option D2D RECOVERY in the Main menu. The ( ALT+F10) when started Ok.

Try that and let us know the results.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I don't have yet the cd recovery, but as soon as I'll get it I'll try what you suggested. Is there anything I can do in meanwhile?
    windows xp on Mesh(2003!!!) & Acer Travelmate 2420 (2009)

Believe me or not but I suddenly remembered that I had the cd recovery for my other laptop somewhere. After a frantic search I found it at the back of a drawer and despite it is supposed to be for the Mesh only I decided to run it the way you advised me. Miracle! windows xp (2002) is freshly reinstalled on my Acer. Updating now (73!)...

Thanks for support

So I've used that windows xp cd rom recovery disc for mesh (2004). It fixed the problem. Alas, as it is an old version the 30 days deadline warning to activate windows prevents me to update properly and on top I can't access the server: the version doesn't exist any more. Stranded again! Have any one else on the forum had this ridiculous problem too?