Thread: Hidden folders in temporary internet files folder

Hidden folders in temporary internet files folder

I noticed that some portions of Windows XP, like Explorer, Search for files, ignore the folders in the temp internet files folder. There is no indication that there are any folders there. After using the command prompt to set the current directory to the temporary internet files folder you can see the hidden folders. All relevant folder options controlling hiding files and folders, hiding protected operating system files, etc; are set to show everything. But the issue is, can anyon tell me is there a way to control this thing? Thanks.

RE: Hidden folders in temporary internet files folder

You can go to Control panel > folder options > scroll down and uncheck the hide hidden folders. There is also another one, check show hidden folder option paths or similar.

Re: Hidden folders in temporary internet files folder

If you want to view then go to: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

For same click on Start > Run > Type: inetcpl.cpl and then press OK. Or else you can right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop. Or click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet Options and then on General tab > Settings button > View Files button. You can also go to Start and then Run and then paste this in the box - %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files and click ok.

If you want to view: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5 AND \Content.MSO then click on Start > Run > Type: cleanmgr and then press OK. After that Highlight Temporary Internet Files > View Files button.

Below is a very small method and its really work. In Computer, I always believe in the results. The way doesn't matter to me. If you want to search something in your temporary files including sub-folders and you think if it is a pains taking chap. No! Just do the following:
    1. First of all right-click on the Temporary Internet Folder and choose Copy
    2. After that Paste them some where else.

Very simple. Now, do a search using Advance Search options or you can browse through folders. They will no longer be hidden or system folders.

You just have to tick Offline Content in the Clear TIF dialog and it clears other program's debris as well. It will also help you out.

It was indeed very simply, I was always thinking what offline content they were referring to. I have just left it unchecked since I never found much use for viewing web content offline so thought it was not applicable. Thanks for the help.