Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Application n Hang

Windows XP Support

Old 14-04-2006

Application and Hang in Windows XP

This is Windows XP Home system. I keep my system updated with all windows updates. Yesterday i downloaded and installed six security updates which went without any problem but started getting problems after the reboot. Since then no matter which Office Application i use, i am not able to expand any folder or subfolder in windows explorer while doing "Save As". There is onely one way and one place to save the documents and that is "My Documents."

Also most of the time while saving the file, My Documents folder gets freezed completely and the only way to fix it by ctrl-alt-del to close. Here is the error message i get on my screen when the folder freezes:

"Hanging application WINWORD.EXE, version 11.06568.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000" and "Fault bucket 216392537".

Somebody please provide me some help to get rid of this. Thank you.

Old 15-04-2006

RE: Application Hang

Wow, i though i was alone with the said problem but it seems like i got a company. Even i am facing this problem after the latest updates installation. In my case the problem is not just with Office Programs but with all programs. I cannot expand any folder in any application. I first encountered it through the browse for a picture to insert from file.. Did you found any fix for this?
Old 15-04-2006

Re: Application Hang

Hello guys, as you both are saying that the proble started after installing the updates, why dont you guys simply uninstall the recent updates and get your problem solved. You can simply do this by going to Add and Remove Programs, click "Show Updates" at top of window then scroll down to KB908531 and uninstall the same. Once done restart the system and see if the problem exists. Let us know the results.
Old 15-04-2006

Re: Application Hang

Thank you very much for the help IRVING. Was it that simple? I uninstalled the updates as you suggested and the problem fixed.

Help appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,