GTA San Andreas Error Message
I suspect my video card for this but still confused as it was working fine a week ago with the same hardware. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: GTA San Andreas Error Message
Yes, it could be a video card issue as you said... Updating video card drivers can solve most gaming issues. Here's some simple abc's to always keep in mind.
Before you update your drivers, I recommend that you update DirectX from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx
Here are the steps I recommend you use to update your driver:
1. To identify the make and model of your card, right click your Desktop, choose Properties / Settings / Advanced / Adapter.
2. Download the latest video driver for your card online, using http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers to find the website to download from. I also have advanced video driver and direct X troubleshooting steps on that page.
3. Save the .exe driver (or extract the zip file) to a folder in My Documents named after the driver version number.
4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.
5. Click Start / (settings) Control Panel / System / Hardware Device Manager / expand +Display Adapters / right click on the adapter, pick "Uninstall", and click No if asked to reboot.
6. Use Control Panel / Add-Remove programs to uninstall the previous driver (exe)software which may have been installed.
7. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.
8. If the driver is NOT a (.exe)program file, GO TO step 11.
9. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click "Cancel" and Double click the driver program to begin installation. * Even if not prompted, doubleclick the driver and install it.
10. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 800x600 or higher Resolution. That's it! Scroll down to the Troubleshooter if you have problems.
11. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click "Install from a list or specific location", click the "Browse" button, browse to the My documents folder where you saved the driver, and finally click on one of the driver files to begin installation.
** If you are not prompted, or if the driver was updated automatically:
Click Start / (settings) Control Panel / System / Hardware Device Manager expand +Display Adapters / right click on the adapter, pick "Update Driver" to start the Update Wizard, choose the "Install from a list..." option:
Browse to My Documents\ folder with the driver in it
Click OK and click Next to begin the update.
12. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 800x600 or higher Resolution. That's it! Try the advice in the Troubleshooter if you have problems.
Your program might not support dual monitors, or "dual head" video cards You can disable the extra video output in your display properties control panel. Click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced.
Along with your Video card, Sound Cards, Motherboard Chipsets, and Video Monitors may also require updated drivers. Even your motherboard's BIOS may need to be updated for compatibility with your Video card. These steps are listed at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk
Perhaps the old Video drivers did not completely uninstall. If that's the case, use these utility to completely uninstall the drivers and go to step 7:
nvidia: http://content.guru3d.com/index.php?...atorrip&menu=0 or for all cards including nvidia use: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
The latest video drivers sometime don't work with a particular game. (Check the Video suggestions in the readme.txt file in your game folder/CD) If there's no suggestions, try an older (WHQL) driver, and/or if you still experience problems try a Beta driver, or even an Omega driver instead:
BETA Drivers: http://download.guru3d.com/
OMEGA Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net
There you have it, if you have any questions feel free to post them! :-)
hey i updated my driver and i finally got san andreas to run under compatably windows 98 but now when i run it i get numbers and letters going across the screen i dont knw if u knw any ways of fixing that if u do it would be greatly appericated
Re: GTA San Andreas Error Message
ok I read all of ur problems I don't know about the but anynr have the problem with windows xp.If anybody had this problem don't worry jus format ur hard drive and reinstall the game it works
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "GTA San Andreas Error Message"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Getting Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly error message while debugging site||Ottakoothan||Software Development||4||08-04-2012 08:06 PM|
|Macro VB project Message error message after closing Microsoft Excel file||Eas!war||Windows Software||5||13-01-2012 04:20 PM|
|“Message truncated due to size” error message in BlackBerry Curve 9360||MakNti||Portable Devices||5||09-11-2011 08:34 PM|
|Getting error message ‘Message could not be saved’ of the Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac||Gaurika||Windows Software||6||12-09-2011 10:50 PM|
|Updates Fail With Error Message Message 80070002||kwdaves||Windows Update||8||21-07-2007 12:58 AM|