Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Yuri's Revenge Error

Windows XP Support

Old 21-03-2006

Yuri's Revenge Error

I am facing problem with Red Alert 2. I am using a Windows XP PC here. The installation was just fine but when I try to install the expansion pack on my pc I am getting a problem with Yuri Revenge. When I try to run the game I am getting a error that main executable for yuri revenge has encountered a problem and need to close. It just close down. I need some help here. I am not able to find a solution for the same. I tried to install the same a number of time but nothing worked.

Old 21-03-2006

Try to update the game and then test back. The issue lies with the game pack. That is why you are facing the problem. Before installation just check for new game updates and then move ahead with expansion pack installation. I am sure that will be more than enough to deal with the problem. You can try simply run the game in compatibility mode and then test back. I think that will be more than enough to deal with the issue you are facing.
Old 19-01-2009

I found a hotfix on the web that worked for the issue. It was a nice idea to update the game first and then move ahead with the pack installation. It looks the pack is buggy and the patch fixes the same. In my case I had begin all the process back again. I removed the game first and then installed it back again and there was not issue later on. Things are working fine.
Old 20-04-2010

Re: Yuri's Revenge Error

The issue basically lies with compatibility. I had seen this same problem in various forums where people clearly says that the issue lies with SP2 compatibility. So it is essential that you must simply check properly the compatibility mode and move ahead. In my case the game work bu tit started freezing and then nothing worked out. I hope there will be some better fix.
Old 22-01-2011

Re: Yuri's Revenge Error

I am still looking for that patch. Can anyone offer me the directly download link. I am sure that will be a bit more helpful in dealing with the problem you are facing. I am trying to install this pack from long time but it nothings look to be working fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,