Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

can't remove Adobe -- patch package poblem

Windows XP Support

Old 05-02-2006

can't remove Adobe -- patch package poblem

I am having Windows XP installed on my system. It is a home edition. I bought this system a couple of day ago. Now there is some issue with my pc. I am trying to remove Adobe Reader 7.0.5 here. But it is not working. I am getting a message on my screen related to removal. The error is "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package." What does the error means.

Old 05-02-2006

Re: can't remove Adobe -- patch package poblem

Could be issue with the uninstaller. Try this. First install adobe by downloading it from the web. If there is on error with the installation then again uninstall it. I am sure it will work. If still it is not working then there is some issue with the applications. There can be some missing registry files which are causing the failure.
Old 05-02-2006

Re: can't remove Adobe -- patch package poblem

I am giving you some reference links based on the error you are facing. The links will guide you more on your problem and process to troubleshoot the same. The below links are having ample of solutions for the error you are facing. It is essential that you must use them to find out a working solution and then try back.

You receive an error message when you try to install or run an Office program: "This patch package could not be opened" or "The installation source for the product is not available"

Error Message: 1635 This Patch Package Could Not Be Opened

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,