Thread: flash player will not install or work

flash player will not install or work

I cannot installe Macromedia Flash Player on my pc. When asked fro some support from macromedia's site then they were of no help. The problem is that the first picture from this weather.com website will not show up on my computer. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue ?

Re: flash player will not install or work

Yeah, it seems to be a flash animation. And the issue happens when the Flash ActiveX control is set kill-bit or disabled via Manage Add-ons or via Policies. You can download a utility for that called AddonConfigurator by searching it on the web. Just try to run the utility and then type the following CLSID in the Text box exactly
    {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

And then click the "View add-on information" button and post the LOG here.

Have you tried to reinstall Flash and checked what happens? You can try to either add the website to your Trusted Zone _Temporarily_ or you can go to Start and then Run and then type regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\macromed\flash\Flash.ocx and press enter.

Re: flash player will not install or work

Thanks for the replies, it seems to work now, after I hit unblock in the utility that you have told me.

You are right, that unblocks the Class ID totally, I didnt suggest that before as I just wanted to know how the CLSID was blocked. Glad that its working for you now.

Hello,
    I have the exact same issue, flash player just won't play anywhere! You name it: IE, Firefox or Safari.
    I've tried just about everything!! Cleared cache, reinstalled it, updated video driver, ran addon configurator, added to secure sites even in firewall, is also allowed under add ons, I don't have any regedits, I've followed all steps instructed in a website, I even formatted my pc and was working for the first day, then rebooted and it stopped working, I really don't know what else to do.
    Any help would be highly appreciated!