Thread: INSTALLSHIELD (R) SETUP LAUNCHER

Installshield (r) Setup Launcher

I need some help with install shield here. I am not able to install any third party pack on my Windows xp system. When I try to install anything I am getting a weird error which is Installshield (R) Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. So it looks there is some problem with the installer. I went on web and tried to find solution for the error. Many says to format the pc. I cannot do that due to data backup.

Re: INSTALLSHIELD (R) SETUP LAUNCHER

That kind of error may appear if you are trying to install the application in guest mode or under low permission. It is essential that you must install the same only when you have admin access. Right click on the setup file and choose run as > administrator. It might ask you for the login details. Once properly provided you can move ahead with the setup. If this does not work then you can run system restore. The issue can be due to some recent changes.

Re: Installshield (r) Setup Launcher

Do you have Windows installation disc. If yes then through that you can run a repair setup that will be more helpful for you. Just boot your system with Windows installation cd and then choose repair setup. This setup will replace any damaged or non working system files. It is a much easier way to deal with problem you face in windows. There are chances that some recent updates or installation can caused system files to fail due to which you get that error.

Re: INSTALLSHIELD (R) SETUP LAUNCHER

I am giving you a few links that will help you in dealing with the problem you are facing. The first link below has a fix installation. You can just click on run now and it will launch a utility which will scan your pc and apply the fix. The problem that you are facing is due to failure of Windows installation utility. You can download that from web and install it in your system. I am sure it will work well.

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled
    How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot