Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CHKDSK upon system reboot

Windows XP Support

Old 27-01-2006

CHKDSK upon system reboot

I am using Windows XP here. It was working fine but there is some problem with the OS. It is getting extremely slow. Now it froze up completely. I restarted the same manually. On boot chkdsk started automatically. I found a message on screen saying volume is dirty. That does that means. I am trying to find out more information on the error but cannot find any intact answer.

Old 27-01-2006

Re: CHKDSK

Go in Event Viewer. You will be able to find more information on the error you are facing. If you are not able to find out information on the same then you can try more advance tools. Like HDDscan. This software gives you more detail information on the current drive status. It looks your drive is having lots of bad sectors due to which you are facing the problem. Just scan your drive properly with advance tools and check back.
Old 16-02-2006

Re: CHKDSK

Your disk is having lots of file system error. That is why you are getting dirty volume error. It is essential that you must run chkdsk again to get more appropriate outupt. i am giving you a link that is having ample of information on using chkdsk as per your need. Check the link below. You can use different set of commands to find out problem with disk.

Troubleshooting Disks and File Systems

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,