Thread: NTLDR Is Missing - Tried all the usual

NTLDR Is Missing - Tried all the usual

I am bit stucked with the problem I am facing here. I am not able to get a proper solution. I am trying to run a repair setup but it looks like a bit tough situation to fix the issue. I am having a XP disc and I want to run the repair setup. But somehow the re-installation does not looks to be working fine. When I start my system I am getting a ntldr missing error. How can I simply restore the old settings back.

Re: NTLDR Is Missing - Tried all the usual

NTLDR is a common issue with windows. It is not easy to resolve it. You just need to install windows back from scratch. When my system faced that problem I had tried almost everything to restore the same. But nothing worked here. I tried ample of stuff. It is a bit complicated to deal with the NTLDR problem. I tried to restore the same using diskette also but still it is not working at all. I hope there will be some option available which can help me to fix the problem I am facing.

You can try one thing here. For that you will need to copy NTLDR directly in the XP boot disk and then only it might work. There are complicated restoration process for NTLDR. I am giving you a link below which has solution on this. But according to me the most simple way is to simply format XP back from scratch and then run clean setup back again. But still if you want to go with the manual installation process then just check the link below and test back.

How to troubleshoot the "NTLDR Is Missing" error message in Windows 2000

When I got the error I thought there will be some kind of automated application which can fix the issue. I created a bootable usb drive also but still it is not working well. It is a bit annoying to get fix for the same. Ample of time this issue is resolved by reconnecting the cables. The internal cables which connects the hard drive and optical drive commonly cause the issue. You can reconnect them back and verify in bios whether it is detected or not. That will be the easiest option to fix the issue.

I got the issue due to hard drive. Somehow my drive was not detected. I saw that in bios. I changed the cable and the system start working back There was no issue at all. Sometime by changing the jumper settings also fix the problem. If nothing works out then the last option left is to completely format windows and install everything back. If you want backup your data then you can use a LiveCD for the same. It allows you to copy paste data in external storage.

Subject: Problem Fixed

I was having this problem since last 4 weeks, my computer had been lying dead all this time.

Anyways, after reading lot of blogs and talking to MicroSoft customer support, here is my solution that I fixed:

1. Boot (F12) using CD (Win XP Installation disc).
    2. There are two options, either to install or to repair.
    Choose to install (don't worry, the hard disk will not be formatted, repair option will show up again)
    3. In the next screen, choose, repair.
    From here, the whole process will take 2-3 hrs, when all the system files will be checked and updated.

Note: The drivers for attached hardware devices need to be installed again, otherwise, all other setting remains the same.
    My Documents will not be lost.

Reason:
    I think I cleaned up third party application or deleted NTLDR. After the sytem was restored, I saw the file in my recycle bin.

All the best for you.