Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WOWEXEC problem when I try to install an application

Windows XP Support

Old 12-01-2005

WOWEXEC problem when I try to install an application

I am facing a wowexec error when I type sysedit in the Start > Run box. I am not able to locate a proper fix for the same. I am here trying to install my printer back again but it does not seems to be working. I am facing the error code and it looks there is no solution available for the same. Can anyone here help me to find a proper error. I hope there will be some fix available for it. I hope this is safe.

Old 12-01-2005

Re: WOWEXEC problem when I try to install an application

Looks like some internal application is causing the failure. It is essential that you must try to run system restore. That is the easiest way to deal with the problem you are facing. The error is basically cause due to some internal missing file. You must try to check back the application in your system. Some application might be damage which is causing the failure.
Old 12-01-2005

The message lies with incompatibility of some application or driver in your system. It is essential that you must simply test out whether any recently installed driver or software is simply compatible or not. It will recommend you to boot in safe mode and remove each of them one by one. That would be a more appropriate way of dealing with the issue you are facing.
Old 12-01-2005

Try to run system restore and see what you get. You collect more information on the error by going inside Event Viewer. There is ample of information available in that place to troubleshoot the issue. Most of the errors are resolved when you run system restore. It is an easier way of fixing problem you are facing.
Old 24-04-2009

I know this thread is old, but having had the problem myself and figured it out with hints from other forums, users should know there is a likely culprit in the Nero Scout when you have installed Nero Essentials 7. Kill the startup process NMBgMonitor and reboot. You will then be able to install applications again, and also get rid of the wms idle error on shutdown.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,